Wednesday, April 05, 2006

LAST MONTH IN PAGODA....& SEOUL? 4/5/06

I submitted my resignation at Pagoda. I may be starting as a professor at a nice University. I have not made up my mind. Personality conflicts and cultural misunderstandings are an issue with me. I don't know which ones to take personal and which ones to take as a cultural misunderstanding.

CONS:
  • I turned off my mobile phone for 9 hours and was treated as if I had stolen family jewelry.
  • I am told what to eat and not to talk at the table
  • I am forced to sit in meetings that last an hour and are spoken entirely in Koreanand I am not told what the meetings are about
  • I am told to meet on a very important issue and end up spending 4 hours on a Saturday afternoon so that I can have a 10 minute lunch, a 2 minute introduction of me in English & than a 30 minute Korean lecture. All other time was sitting in a hallway while he spoke to secretaries and on the phone
  • I expect no less than 15 calls a day changing plans
  • A great deal of the above will remain likely remain unchanged

PROS:

  • I love Dr. Kim as a person and I know he means no harm
  • I am pretty sure I'll end up rich
  • The education mission is honorable and well financed
  • They already got me to quit my current job, so I need a job
  • My positive energy will double when I leave Pagoda
  • What the fuck, it's different

I'll let you know whether Ying or Yang takes this one

For now I just feel yanked.

Peace. KDF

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a drag!!!--Well, look at this way, everything happens for a reason right? If nothing else, what a hell of an experience!!!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a long hot bath with plenty of Mr. Bubble, follow your enstinks, and you will find there is "Hope in Seoul"

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home