Monday, March 27, 2006

BRAND NEW 03/27/06

BRAND NEW 03/27/06

Lifting my heel
Moving by feel
Blind with no guide
My dog up & died

Reality found me like Sister Mary's slap
I miss when I could sit in my father's lap

My spirit is lost
I'm in a foreign land
The more I remember
The less I understand

My soul is a mystery, only death tells its fate
My faith has left me, now there's no one to hate
Pray dollar short
Prey a day late

Lifting my head
Books I have read
Blocked my eyes
From horizons wise

Everybody found me, so I ran just to hide
Note to self: Never show your inside

No one really lost me
Just the part they could see
Law did not evict me
It just set me free

Did I run away or did I run to?
I look in the mirror and see the same view
I only wanted
someone see me new

Is that too much to ask for after all I've been through?

Nobody here knows me
I am not lost
Here I am brand new

That's a view
friends and family can't do
That doesn't mean that I still don't love you

1 Comments:

Blogger Stella said...

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.
John Cage (1912 - 1992)

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home