Saturday, February 11, 2006

I MISS MYSELF

I MISS MYSELF
12/94

If I had the time to want to see you
If I had the mind I’d invite you to my soul
The movie isn’t finished, but here’s a preview
Auditions are today, maybe there’s a role
And just maybe, if there’s time, I’d like to call me
And remind myself to tell me that you’re still there at the door
But the knocking is too loud to hear the ringing
And both are getting louder than they ever have before

I never get the time to really miss you
I never get the story, though I’m playing the lead part
When you stare too long into the abyss you
Sometimes you get so close that it steps into your heart

If I had the space I’d borrow mountains
And put one by the couch and one in front of the TV
The view may finally stop my heart from pouting
I’ve been on my nerves for months now, and cable isn’t free
The cavities I have need medication
Each time I look at myself it is just like pulling teeth
And my lungs pull as they fight the suffocation
Because the overboard life saver is just a funeral wreath

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home