Saturday, February 11, 2006

LL

LL
1985?

Yes I hear your voice again
But I also hear my ears strain
I’ve been touching a window for years
Seen the dust washed with my tears
I’ve seen the sunset and rise in one trip
I’ve seen a dream hold the rails
It still hasn’t lost its grip

Yes, I’ve heard a song ride the wind
And never reach the ears I intend
The hinge is greased now, the noise is gone
The truth can be forsaken
The song released, my chance is gone
But my iris’ view isn’t taken

There’s a focus I’ve hidden
My eyes remain guilt ridden
There’s a lazy moon riding the horizon this evening
Rays that pierce your skin and leave my mind conceiving
My thoughts derive, dead and alive
Please tell me they’re not leaving

I heard your voice again, in a pool of sweat
My sheets so heavy, my bed a board
My room so hot, my mind on fire

I’ve seen the moon fall and come up hotter
I’ve seen the sky and what the stars taught her
I’ve seen the sun peak over mother earth’s lip
I’ve seen a dream hold the rails
It still hasn’t lost its grip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home