Saturday, February 11, 2006

STAY COMFY, DON’T WORRY, YOU’LL NEVER HAVE TO KNOW

STAY COMFY, DON’T WORRY, YOU’LL NEVER HAVE TO KNOW
1983?

I spied upon the beauty star
Was it’s presence from afar?
Will its glancing engrave my eye?
To teach my sight the known surprise?

I glanced upon the beauty mood
And wondered if it’s really good
Wondered if I really should
If I were worthy, mature I could
Even though I already have

And on some midnight the sky gave way
And on shines through a single ray
Which sparked a child to thrive for sight
The state of mind, and hence the light
And others felt its cursed power
And seized upon the beckoning hour
Others gave way to the sparkling will
And wandered the night long and still

It’s not my place though to un-convince such thoughts
Not my place to invoke what isn’t taught
Alone I may, but as influence I can’t
Just pass me off as a rhyming chant
Let you think I rave and rant
And grasp the air with plastic hands
Inorganic mind I lend
Unnatural possessor of unnatural belief
My mind is just a funeral wreath
So bring on fall says I the leaf
I have these thoughts I conceal from view
Because I never reveal to you
Besides, you can’t believe it’s true
That is what religions do

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home