Saturday, February 11, 2006

IF THE SKY COULD SPEAK

IF THE SKY COULD SPEAK
1983?

And the skies spoke in the city where I live….

Once upon a time gone by I felt I had some unearthly purpose
Had the yield of a harvest gift, that and even surplus
Once I dreamed, once I ran, once I could pray
And I’d think one way, then another and it all comes out the same
And all of this might seem worthwhile if…

The skies in my city opened up and spoke
Will my pass be revoked?
On a mission and I choked
Like I may pretend to guide some faith
I may not pray, but I always bathe
You know I’m not a bad man
Never was a saint
And I hope I don’t look like a madman
Pretending to be what I ain’t

Could I paint a pretty picture on my questioning face?
This anxiety, I just cannot itch her
And you can never not fear disgrace
I’ve always feared the future
And I pick apart my past
Now I fear the now I’m in will never stop to last
And all of this would be cool man
If the sky would speak in the city where I live

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home