Monday, June 04, 2007

First Meeting With Chinese Law Professors

I am getting ready for my first meeting with the Chinese law professors tonight. I was going to start with an article on "rights attorneys," but I think I will start with a softball from a pre-approved PRC/CPC website. I am trying to find an article that praises the system in a way that will make it easy for me to introduce an article that challenges the party line. This way I can ask them to simply state the reason for the difference. If I start out by asking them to defend they may never meet with me again. If I start with praise they will see that I am not trying to lynch the system. People here are very self regulating. I just want to understand why such a hard line is needed on such a soft line people.

I will update after the meeting. It should be very interesting if I can just get through the language barrier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home