Saturday, February 11, 2006

TEARS IN OZ

TEARS IN OZ
1/25/94

As I look into your visions
I don’t like what I see
Eyes chained to submission
And uniformity
I ain’t on no mountain
No guru on the hill
But I see the shadows mounting
As your thunder starts to still

As I live inside your poison
Did your water cure my mind?
As you slowly put your toes in
The slippers left behind
Do you click your heels in anticipation?
Do you hope to be brought home?
Are you waiting for your confirmation?
From a man you’ve never known

And your Eden has landmines
I won’t eat from your easy tree
You can’t stop time, so you sell your mind
To a fate that would only tease me

As the rain falls on your painting
From the tears of a broken god
The bleeding colors fading
And a softening of the sod
Tears dissolve the savior
Redemption in blood and pain
Tears that grow you flowers
But leave your god a stain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home