Saturday, February 11, 2006

INDEPENDENCE DAY WAITS

INDEPENDENCE DAY WAITS
4/4/00

The day was just a dirty
Had to dagger out my tomb
Don’t forget to gas the Chevy
Cause I’m packing up my room
Switchblade up day’s belly
Til I cut me out a night
Got my breath all full of whiskey
Just to make my mind feel right
Now I’m shootin’ streetlights with a felon
Though he said it weren’t his gun
And when I close one eye I’m shooting just fine
When I close one eye I’m shooting just fine

I was a monkey in a barrel
Waiting for a missing link
And I don’t need me a woman
As bad as another drink
And these midnight side street arcades
Choke in neon light of day
And the women always love you
Just as often as you pay
Try bumming cigarettes from a hooker
When she says she’s got a gun
And she tells you that she shoots just fine
And she tells you that she shoots just fine
These city women always keep you in line

Got my bottle for a lampshade
And it’s lightin’ up my eye
And I’m thinkin’ that I got it made
Cause I’m drinkin’ like it was the 4th of July

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home