Saturday, February 11, 2006

LISTEN TO YOU

LISTEN TO YOU
?

Vague betrayals, our goals decline
Fantastic heralds shred anew
And I thought I had turned water to wine
You would think that I would learn in time
If only what was said were true

And stout denials devour the day
And in between we grasp for breath
In fear your eyes just turn away
I was hoping you’d look my way
Am I just sitting here for death?

Pass it by on your way to work
Talk it through your aching mind
Pretend it doesn’t exist?
Do you feel that shadow lurk?
Darkness bears its fear behind
You must admit it won’t desist

So vague, our portrayals mass conform
Mediocre, the difference from dead to new
And I thought you said it would do no harm
And I thought you said faith keeps you warm
That’s the last I listen to you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home