Saturday, February 11, 2006

YOUR LOVER’S SHOES

YOUR LOVER’S SHOES
12/00

I need a shovel in my pocket
Because I’m buried in lies
And these tombstones on the highway
As another man dies
You got a gravestone heart
To make a strong man weary
So let me die girl
Won’t you tell me your story?

He was a reckless with his whiskey
And he liked to use his fist
And his drunken eyes like bullets
And he rarely missed
He wasn’t a good man
But he made him good money
It isn’t ironic
And it sure isn’t funny

So you took to the streets
Cause at least you got a pretty face
You showed how a good aim
Put a bad man in his place
Now he’s pushing up daisies
But he didn’t die in his shoes
And you showed that the wrong man
Can prove the right broad won’t lose
So let me buy you a drink girl
And I’ll let you put me in your lover’s shoes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home