Saturday, February 11, 2006

ANGEL SOFT

ANGEL SOFT
4/00

Angel soft
I walk your line
These images I can’t define
As I wander through my feelings like a séance
Divining rod my heart to quench the fire
So soak me true
My skin is longing touch like a landmine
Not loving you is the best that I can do
So soak me true
Leave me alone
You’ll interrupt the sinking of my stone
You’ll interrupt the dusting of my shelf
That’s where I keep a statue of myself
A rock unchanged?
Chiseled in wax?
Each time I spring forward
I find myself back
This does not save the light
Nor extend the day
I wish that my memory would make things go my way
How I interpret what I know

I need to use rubber building bridges
Because change can shrink and it can grow
And I need to bridge the distance
So angel soft
To change the way
I need to change to get me on my way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home