Saturday, February 11, 2006

FAMILIAR STRANGERS

FAMILIAR STRANGERS
6/11/96

Banners wave over the pageant of want to be
Sight isn’t half of what we should really see
As wanting makes us victims of our trust
So getting makes us victims of our lust
And the sleepless pillow that absorbs our anger
Is the consequence of a world of familiar strangers
Just familiar strangers

Getting never satiates the approaching
That leaves those who have beyond reproaching
The value comes from those one wrung down below
Knowing someone wants what you have stolen
And I strike my head on my pillow to light these dangers
And start a fire in a world of familiar strangers
All familiar strangers

And one lives inside of me
Random anger residency
I guess I am to hate, a home
A tenant I guess I’ve always known
And that leaves me without a child or manger
His lies
My lies
Familiar
Strangers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home