Sunday, May 28, 2006

My plagiarist Simile to Karen...Blame the Princess Bride - Sucker for True Love

PART OF "WHEN THE CITY DROPS INTO THE NIGHT"

A coward dies a thousand deaths
A junkie lives a thousand lives & then dies a thousand deaths
The black and white Ying/Yang unite dualism
Life means nothing without death
Death means nothing without something to die for
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything
I can only steal words now

I crave Karen's embrace not as a new "connection"
I crave her completion of my circle
Princess Bride is a silly tale
Love is silly and emotional
It does not have to make sense
Why?
Because there is no such thing as a perfect circle
Pi is an irrational number
3.14159
http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.pi.html
The ring of love is the icon of that unity
It make no sense, for it fails to define the circle

If it does not make sense; it is irrational or emotional
Is faith in love not rational,it's pragmatic
I could never reach her arms
I could move to Karen 1/2 the distance between her & now
Every number is divisible by two
Rationally, I could never reach her

Yet, if I drop a glass it breaks
I have abandoned addiction as faith in the perfect circle
Only faith in irrationality makes love real
Let the eye be the measure of love, not the ruler
let the butterfly flutter around the flower
A picture is worth a Pi of words

I will hold my heart
I will give it irrationally
I know that if it falls it will break
That is not rational
Do not rely on reason
It will convince you that dropping never breaks

If I tell you you can make a perfect circle
I can tell you that a bomb will never reach earth
I cannot prove either
But I have faith in both
I have seen and felt both
One if faith in duality
The other, a destruction of life

If we are always halfway to death
Why do we reach death?
If we are always half way to love
Why do we reach love?

Faith, by nature, is irrational
It is not hope
It is truth
It is a bomb
Destiny is not a eternal chain of half-ways

RELEVANT PART OF SONG
WHEN THE CITY DROPS INTO THE NIGHT
JIM CARROL :CATHOLIC BOY

AN ADDICT'S REFLECTION:
It's when the body at the bottom,
That body is my own reflection
But it ain't hip to sink that low
Unless you're gonna make a resurrection
They're always gonna come to your door
They're gonna say, "it's just a routine inspection"
But what you get when you open your door
What you get is just another injection


And there's always gonna be one more
With just a little bit less until the next one


They wait in shadows & steal light from your eyes
To them vision's just some costly infection


But listen, you should come with me
I'm the fire, I'm the fire's reflection
I'm just a constant warning
I'm a constant warning to take the other direction

Mister, I am your connection

'cause when the city drops into the night
Before the darkness there's one moment of light
That's when everything seems clear
The other side, she seems so near


What seemed wrong?
I think it's gonna be just about right
Before the city drops, the city drops
Into the night


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home