Saturday, February 11, 2006

VALIUMS IN A PEZ DISPENSER

VALIUMS IN A PEZ DISPENSER
5/8/01

Well I’ve put out the fires inside me
At least the ones that threaten my home
And I’ve left all my loved ones behind me
I feel much better when I am not known
And the silence that begs me forgiveness
And the noise that just slanders my name
As I limp to the sun with the comfort
Of knowing each day is a game
My sun and my moon aren’t the same

And your touch that still nibbles my fingers
Like a sun that I see with closed eyes
Is perfume in the air that just lingers
And as sad as a flower that dies
Not alone with a bottle of whiskey
All alone in a world full of stuff
But I’ve given up all that they ask me
And I still feel it isn’t enough

He’s got it all handled now.
He has his valiums in a Pez dispenser
It’s as tragic as entrails
As obvious as a zit
There ain’t no place called heaven
And this sure as hell isn’t it
I’d rather be tortured by the smelly though
They may be stinky
But at least they don’t leave a mark
Would someone build me an ark?
I sense a hard rain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home