Saturday, February 11, 2006

MASK

MASK
7/01

I’d like to introduce you to my mask
I’d like to introduce you to the outside of my hell
If there’s anything I can do for you just ask
So long as it doesn’t involve much deep beneath the shell
I wonder what has happened to my youth
I cling to it in memories, but nothing new pertains
I wonder what has happened to my smile
I see it in some photographs, but now my interest wanes
Yet with these things as batteries I wake
Each day to meet the work place that’s become friendlier than my home
And though it’s not a giving, it’s a take
If there’s someone there to take from you, at least you’re not alone
And the things they want from me don’t leave a hole
Ornaments and trinkets, I’m just another dollar store
What I want back I know the clock hand stole
Or I drank or smoked or chopped it up, sold it like a whore
But here I sit licensed a success
Handsome, fit, intelligent, the man to do the task
And in case there is something that you missed
I’d like to introduce you to my mask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home