Saturday, February 11, 2006

BEYOND THE ROAD WATER GLARE

BEYOND THE ROAD WATER GLARE
3/88

Hey there smile, it has been a long while
You stand there on the border just beyond reach
Until I can stand it no more then there you are
I must admit you have style

And I saw her there
Beyond the road water glare
She was waving; I thought she might give me a seat
But she was only fanning away the heat
In some glance our eyes met in infinity stare
She smiled my friend, she smiled

And my eyes watered
It must have been that desert sand in my eyes
Oh, what this desert has daughtered
Of all things, should love be a surprise?

Hey there smile, it’s been a long while
But you seem so sure, how can I doubt
That you can fix what this frowns about
Take my hand, let’s walk that mile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home