Saturday, February 11, 2006

FROM ME TO YOU

FROM ME TO YOU
4/29/97

From death to seed
We feed our need by putting it in the dirt
That is a way to bury hurt

From now to then
What could have been we allocate to fate
And so it is not ourselves we hate

Impact is the thing that we avoid
Touch is not a thing that’s always good
Not all I feel is what I want employed
Not all I feel is something that I should

From me to you
The goals pursued are not the ones always named
That’s how we escape what is shamed

Truth ain’t the thing that always works
Reality sometimes requires a shield
That is where friendship has its perks
Because that is where what’s selfish has to yield

From you to me
What’s there to see is limited by what’s shown
What you may be I cannot own

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home