Saturday, February 11, 2006

THE WORLDLY

THE WORLDLY
1985?

Disdained here we make our stand
To shed some light upon this gland
Where we know its pleasures are well at hand
Do you fancy yourself your own bright badge?

Useless here we make our tread
Wade in this ocean until we’re dead
And by this corpse the fish are fed
Is this wrinkled skin where this swim has lead?

Shapeless now again we change
Take your choice, but within this range
And borrow spines to fight the strange
And look for lies to rearrange

Godless now we paint our face
But who’s the runner now to set the pace?
Back off for fear of losing grace
Just water boys to the great race

Finally now we take death’s turn
Hoping that it will not burn
Forgetting the place that lie was learned
Has just been fed to the worms

Good things come to those who wait. A phrase generally employed by those who feel that waiting is a good thing.

I’ve come to wear sunglasses not so much because what I see is bright, I just wouldn’t want someone to step in one of these holes

Sometimes we shake hands with people, not out of friendship, but as an attempt to ensure they aren’t armed

The sun, like the eye of Ra, is the pure voyeur into personal darkness. Tell me, what hours does your happiness keep? Are there tan lines on your soul?

I fear my friends may distinguish between who I show and who I am. People exhaust me in my pursuit of this dichotomy. We all live most comfortably in the stained glass window that we’ve constructed to light our alter. Have you ever seen a tabernacle surrounded by plate glass?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home