Saturday, February 11, 2006

RULES WITHOUT A FACE

RULES WITHOUT A FACE
5/94

I was waiting for the silence and the coming of the breeze
When a waiting world of violence came and took me to my knees
And it wasn’t for the dreaming, I have lost the point of view
But if it’s out there waiting, I hope it’s waiting for you too

You saw flowers in the clouds, but I saw only screams
It was doubt that made the bushes sway and whistled through the screens
As the sun burnt down like anger and cursed our mother’s face
Though I cannot see the tears she cries, I swear that I can taste

And I’ll be moving to the sun
Our shadows cast like sundials
Is time all that I’ve done?
I’ll be moving to the sun
Our soldiers fall like empty beers
Another liar won?

There were passions like a cascade and I could not dodge the rain
Foundations made of clay as we hit our knees again
When there are lines, you stand in order
You learn to take your place
Yes, you can always find the rules
But you can never find the face

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home