Saturday, February 11, 2006

REFLECTIONS

REFLECTIONS
5/94

By the time I had awakened from the Promised Land
The words were fighting freedom from my hand
And my answer was lie beneath the see
And I was fighting to escape from me

As the shadows gathered to construct the night
The feather dropped, the day took flight
And the sun was swallowed by the cloak
I’m afraid my laugh was part of the joke

Each sunrise fell farther from grace
As I tried to match my pace
Then night concealed the pain
And it circled around again

As the ceremony started to sour
The hand on the clock devoured another hour
Meth was the answer, Eden’s core gone rotten
And knowledge once tasted could not be forgotten

I looked for a mirror and thought it was shattered
I danced on the glass, the song never mattered
The gashes on my soul had avoided detection
Because the mirror wasn’t broken, it was my reflection

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home