Wednesday, February 22, 2006

JOURNAL: 022206 LIFE IS LIKE EVERCLEAR AND A PURPLE TRUCK

The smoke clears and we find our hero sitting exactly where he was yesterday. Same Bat time; Same Bat channel. I am going to use today's entry to bind myself to a commitment. Words are like a ring. You can promise a woman you will marry her. When the ring hits the finger, winners walk and bullshit talks.

GOAL: Set a world record in learning a language. My Korean at this point is the following: Hello, thank you, goodbye, excuse me, & water. I work 7-10 & 7-10 (am/pm). That gives me afternoons free every day. I am making it a full time job and will jump into this project with the same moderation and balanced approach that I bring to every project in my life. I am going to put it in first gear and floor it.

When I was young I thought that drinking Everclear and driving around in the winter on ice and snow in a truck with no seat belts and no traction was cool. I got stuck in the mud & snow with Kearney in his purple piece of shit truck. It had no sand bags and rear wheel drive. We drank, pushed, drank and thought and drank and thought and drank and blacked out. We may have done some more pushing in there somewhere.

We both woke up the next morning at home wondering how we got out. My last memory was suggesting that we were probably screwed and should just chug the Everclear and see what happens. Matt pleaded no contest and so I won by a vote of 1 - no opposition.

My plan: put it in first, get blind drunk with ambition and wake up speaking Korean. I hope that the hangover is less intense.

It is in writing now. My ring is on the finger. Shit; now I gotta marry this damn thing.Well... anyong he kesayo! (that isn't really correct, but if you mumble people think you are saying goodbye). Common terms work like doing the Rosary. If you say it long enough you can eventually just mumble it and people mistake it for meaningful communication. Peace. KDF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home