Saturday, February 11, 2006

IF THE PROMISE ISN’T KEPT?

IF THE PROMISE ISN’T KEPT?
Mid 91

The taste of invention, the spice of the mind
Wild invitation, the well spring of time
The fire of delusion, the grip of the sleuth
Take me to the pontiff in the prime of my youth

Loosen my vice, the grip of decay
Or torture my soul with a life to portray
Conquer my visions with lies to embrace
Take me to the river and baptize my face

Come on sweet sunshine
Come on sweet day
Venture a life to discover the way
I can promise you freedom
But you’re too dumb to listen
From your knees it’s hard to see the horizon you’re missing

To taste the invention, the love of our kind
Increase indignation to the hate we unwind
I can fly to my daydreams, cry at my loss
But I won’t trade my Sunday to buy back the cost

Time passes on, so your lies just delay
As you squander the fortune of birth on the way
What do you have with the time you have left?
What do you have if the promise isn’t kept?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home