Saturday, February 11, 2006

PAYTOLL PERIMETER

PAYTOLL PERIMETER
1989?

Sitting here at the bus stop deserted
Looking for the fare to no lonesome highway
What I wouldn’t give for no dreary destination
People waiting, wave, smiles, maybe a banner or two

Sitting here at the bus stop an island
Not a glance to the sharing waiters
Anytime I’d wait for some Mayflower take me away journey
Wind swelled sails, my coin is in hand

Sitting here at the bus stop waiting
Anything I would give for one free ride
Nothing is free anymore, not even freedom
Out here on the perimeters of pay toll

Sitting here at the bus stop thinking
I should really get myself a car
Some liberator mid 60’s model
With a smile at the steering wheel
A knowing wink from the headlight

Sitting here in the bus
Coin in the slot secured
Wishing I had grabbed a transfer
Wishing I was more than along for the ride

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home